If it matters that Mueller is a "lifelong Republican," then I guess it matters that he hired a team of left-wing zealots. Of the 17 lawyers in Mueller's office, 14 are registered Democrats. Not one is a registered Republican. In total, they have donated more than $60,000 to Democratic candidates.
Congressman Steve Chabot listed the Democratic political activism of nine of Mueller's staff attorneys at a December 2017 House hearing.
Here are a few from Chabot's list:
- Kyle Freeny contributed to both Obama campaigns and to Hillary Clinton's campaign.
- Andrew Goldstein donated $3,300 to both Obama campaigns.
- Elizabeth Prelogar contributed to both the Obama and Clinton campaigns.
- Jeannie Rhee donated $16,000 to Democrats, contributed $5,400 to the Clinton campaign—and represented Hillary Clinton and the Clinton Foundation in several lawsuits.
- Andrew Weissmann contributed $2,000 to the Democratic National Committee, $2,300 to the Obama campaign and $2,300 to the Clinton Campaign.
Read the entire article