1. Islamic State presents an immediate threat to the people of the U.S.
2. The U.S. is not waging war, but a “counterterrorism operation.”
3. The U.S. has no boots on the ground.
4. The U.S. has formed a viable coalition to defeat Islamic State.
5. The U.S. can fight IS and other extremists without simultaneously helping Bashar Assad, Iran and Hezbollah.
6. The U.S. supports only moderate rebels.
7. The U.S. fights to defend human rights and the rule of law, not oil.
8. President Obama has the legal authority to bomb both Iraq and Syria.
9. The Kurdish leaders are staunch allies against IS.
10. The U.S. never negotiates ransoms with terrorists, unlike those slippery French.